Monday, April 11, 2011

Sniffle. Sniffle. Ahhhhchooo. Allergies got me again.

So as I sit here in the apartment in Chisinau that is the designated "sick bay" for Peace Corps Volunteers.  I am here because the change in seasons has brought on yet another nasal congestion, yellowy green mucous dripping from my nose into my throat (thank goodness for Claritin-D).  As I sit here resting.  The lady who cleans and takes care of the apartment for us sickies comes in and tells me "drink more."  Her English catches me off guard and so I look at her and she says it again, "drink more!"  And so I go make my self a tea and come back.  She enters the room again hearing me sniffle and says "We have an expression in Russian... the cure for your cold is hot tea with lemon and a night with a hot man."  Giggling I respond "Well, the lemon I think I can do but the hot man might be hard to find."  She laughs and then goes about her work.  There may be some truth to her expression.  For now, I think I'll just go to the store to buy some more lemon and tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment