Monday, December 13, 2010

Things to bring in the Peace Corps: Meat Thermometer. Check!

As many of you may know, Thanksgiving is by far my favorite holiday.  It instills the season of giving thanks without the pressure of presents.  It reminds us that we have so much to be thankful for.  Since I am in Moldova I was unable to celebrate this holiday with my family directly and so I spent the Saturday before Thanksgiving with my Peace Corps Family. 

While a group of volunteers played football in the mud, several other smaller groups helped to cook the meal.  My team played games and cooked mashed potatoes and stuffing.  It was a great way to get to know some of the other female volunteers that are from other volunteer groups; education, health and community development volunteers.  After making our food we then went back to the Peace Corps office to eat our eclectic assortment of foods.  After saying what we were thankful for we feasted.  It was deliciously American complete with turkey and stuffing.

This year I am most thankful for the support of my friends and family.  I am so blessed to have such understanding and kind people in my life.    

No comments:

Post a Comment