Friday, February 4, 2011

New Project

Today, my partner approached me with a new project.  Apparently Moldova does NOT have a digital database of people's addresses and phone numbers.  Don't get me wrong they do have a yellow pages website but this does not include a search for "people" like we have in the USA.  This makes finding someone's telephone number, address, email address or contact information almost next to impossible... unless of course they have a Facebook page, which is not exactly common in the rural villages.  So today, I downloaded a Phone and Address Book template from Microsoft's website and using a barely legible hard copy list of names and addresses that my partner somehow procured (without permission) from the local phone company, I am making a sustainable, digital version of a town phone book for a community of 8,000 people.   Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment