Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Boredom leads to books...

I know that my family and friends are worried that I don't have "enough to do" over here... which is only partially true.  There is much to be done it is just a VERY slow process.  So to fill in my time I have been borrowing a lot of books from the Peace Corps Library and while I was home I was able to download a bundle of new reads to my Nook e-reader.  As you can see I have plenty of things to read and occupy my time.  With the help of the internet, I am also able to hold onto my Sunday morning tradition of the NYTimes, coffee and a little breakfast... which is wonderful.  I don't think I have ever been this informed of the happenings around the world.  Regardless, I am starting a reading list on my blog and welcome your suggestions for books to read or movies that I should watch.  I don't think that I will ever have this kind of rest and relaxtion time ever again in my life... so I welcome it with open arms and am trying hard to disregard my constant ambition and struggle to improve myself and those around me.  Sometimes it's good to just float.

2 comments:

  1. I support the float! Will think of books ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot. EXCELLENT!

    ReplyDelete