Tuesday, July 6, 2010

4th of July… Moldova-style


My colleagues and I received an official invitation to the USA Independence Day Picnic 2010, organized by the American Chamber of Commerce and the U.S. Embassy Alumni Association.  For 200 lei (less than $20 USD) we were able to drink copious amounts of beer and wine (including a delicious dry red Cabernet!) and eat American-style food (hot dogs, hamburgers, grilled chicken and assorted salads).  They also had some really great musical acts (live bands and a DJ) that played for us while we danced, crowd surfed and committed silly acts of debauchery.  All in all a great time was had by all (I think some more than others… but I won’t get into that here).  Our rutiera ride home was loud, crude and hilarious.  If we could have a 4th of July party every month… well let’s just say I would need a lot more dresses in a patriotic hue.


No comments:

Post a Comment